Improv Comedy 101 Presented by Helium Comedy Academy and Philly Improv Theater
Improv Class Syllabus:
- Learn the basic concept of "Yes, and..." and creating improv'd scenes through agreement
- Create original characters, explore new scenes with a focus on object and environment work, and establish solid relationships within improv'd scenes
- Develop your improvisational skills through weekly on-stage performance workshops
Improv Classes Include:
- Six two-hour-long improv class sessions at Helium Comedy Club, Saturdays from 11AM - 1PM
- A Graduation Showcase on Helium's main stage
Upcoming Class Dates:
- 3/30, 4/6, 4/13, 4/20, 4/27, 5/4 - Grad Show 5/8 @8PM
Is this class for beginners?
- Yes. Our Improv Comedy 101 class is an entry-level course. All 200 level courses and higher require completion of an entry-level course or permission from the instructor to attend.
My child is 13 years old, can I sign them up for a class?
- Unfortunately, no. All Helium Comedy Academy classes are 18+.
How much progress can I expect to gain from this class?
- As with any class or lesson, you get out what you put in. Those who participate, do the homework assignments, and put real effort in their work will see significant advancement in their skill level over someone who was merely present in class.
Do I need to have any material ready before the class?
- There's no preparation required to start of any of our entry-level classes.